AREAS OF EXPERTISE
GENERAL AND SPECIALIZED LEGAL REPRESENTATION
• Civil Documentation – drafting contracts and assisting clients in enabling transactions and negotiations; mortgage initiation and recording same; estate planning and inheritance procedures.
• Real Estate Transactions – facilitating buying, selling, and managing real estate properties, development of real estate projects, updating & recording real estate documents.
• Corporations and Partnerships – providing legal assistance in setting up and managing corporations and partnerships; consulting in regulatory compliance matters; advising in mergers, acquisitions, buy-outs, spin-offs, corporate reorganizations, liquidations, dissolving, termination and bankruptcy proceedings.
• Labor Law – consulting in managing human resources; advising in hiring, firing, and other disciplinary procedures.
• Tax Law – seeking optimum tax planning for Romanian resident clients–or foreign residents–as to income taxes, capital gains taxes, and local property taxes; client representation in dealings with national and local tax authorities; advising foreign investors on incentives available to foreign capital investments in Romania and the applicability of the Convention on Avoidance of Double Taxation.
• Banking Law – consulting in banking activities and seeking opportunities in financing transactions, securing financing for investments, debt restructuring and optimization of investment transactions; optimizing procedures for debt collections.
• Intellectual Property Rights re: Copyrights, Trademarks and Online Trading – assisting clients in securing trademarks, brand names, and copyrights; consulting as to in-company transfer of various intellectual property rights.
• Personal Data Protection – following the proper procedures of notifying the proper competent authority in safeguarding the confidentiality of private information in Romania; consulting in drafting the internal procedures and policy regarding personal data protection,
• Consumer Rights – consulting in adhering to the legal requirements of protection of consumer rights.
• European Union Law – extensive advice in various areas of applicability of European Union laws.
• ECHR – detailed consulting re the applicability of the European Convention on Human Rights and drafting the necessary documentation in pursuing an action in the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
• International Trade Law – consulting as to the applicable law to proposed foreign trade transactions & detailing of various INCOTERMS; drafting client contracts & assisting in negotiations and the execution of relevant contracts.
• Energy & Natural Resource Laws – legal help in implementing foreign investments in energy and natural resource projects; client representation in dealings with regulatory bodies in Romania; legal assistance in various stages of negotiations.
• IT Law – legal consulting in this area; drafting and negotiations as to licensing contracts in software, drafting outsourcing contracts (hardware/software), web-hosting contracts; IT projects–designing and development contracts; stressing precision on terms and conditions.
• Environmental Law – consulting re: the environmental protection regulations as to waste disposal, traceability, environmental taxes and surcharges exposure.
• Transportation Law – consulting in the field; tax and regulatory regime of transnational trade in goods.
• Civil - representing clients in real estate litigation, title-recording disputes, inheritance, establishing rights to private property, buy-sell agreements, rental agreements, leasing, intellectual property rights, etc.
• Criminal - representing clients both in pre-trial and in court criminal law procedures.
• Commercial – representing clients in litigation re agreement’s interpretation, execution, termination; debt collection.
• Tax & Administrative Law - representing clients both in pre-trial procedures of contesting administrative and tax acts and in administrative court litigation; further representing clients in adjacent administrative procedures (i.e., scheduling of payment deadlines, reimbursement timetables, etc.).
• Labor Law – representing clients in solving their labor law disputes, termination of employment challenges; representing employees in securing their compensation rights, contractual and tort liability of employees or employers, respectively.
• Insolvency – representing either debtors or creditors in bankruptcy or reorganization procedures; assisting clients in devising plans to avoid insolvency steps.
• Fines & Misdemeanors – drafting complaints, answers, and defenses re: fines & misdemeanors; taking steps in solving such issues.
• Family Law – representing clients in divorce actions, division of property, adoption procedures, selection & appointment of guardian or conservator.
• Hunting Law – representing Hunting Associations in various procedures of acquiring & managing their hunting patrimonies, and in procedures related to compensation for damages to farm cultivation or traffic accidents caused by various hunting species of animals.
• Constitutional Law – representing clients by filing Constitutional Court actions challenging constitutionality of laws.
• Tourism Law – client representation in litigation actions against travel agencies.
ENFORCEMENT OF JUDGMENTS
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIONS & PROCEEDINGS
Assistance and direct client representation vis-a-vis administrative bodies:
- setting up various business entities & setting up administrative compliance systems, keeping adequate minutes of board meetings, updating and recording same;
- setting up non-profit organizations & updating & recording required documentation;
- recording of documents in the county recorder’s offices;
- getting the relevant tax identification number for individuals, and filling out & submitting the required tax statements;
- drafting various written requests to public administrative bodies and advocating clients’ claims; seeking the granting of work permits in Romania;
- seeking the granting of residence permits in Romania;
- drafting of administrative claims & requests and client advocacy in all stages of administrative procedures.
NEGOTIATIONS & TRANSACTIONS
Assistance and client representation in contract formation, execution, and modification; assisting clients in negotiations for out-of-court settlement of contract disputes and other legal actions; and assisting and representing clients in any court transaction.